About Me

My photo
I have been writing for years, but never knew that I was a writer. The expression itself was and has always been such a personal adventure that it never crossed my mind to allow others to partake in my work. I still don't call myself a writer or a poet, those titles go to the published or established, but I hope to obtain such entitlement in the very near future. But over all, I hope that I can spark some sort of discussion. Whether it's about my work and the emotions or thoughts that it has provoked, or even just about how pitful and weak my writing just might be. Either way, it is discussion and forcing some kind of thought! I hope you all enjoy! Feel free to email me at jlcope77@yahoo.com for any reason. Enjoy.

Monday, February 15, 2016

All the Spaces Between

It wasn't in a single word, or a look or a glance, it wasn't the touch of her skin, or the way that she would grin at any and all of the stupid little jokes I would tell, that normally got under her skin. And while I can think about her skin, it's the one object on earth that reminds me that there is a heaven; it's not the moon or the stars, or the sunsets, or the sunrise, but the feel of her touch and the insatiable, beautiful look in her eyes. But it wasn't those physical things that reminds me of why I've always wanted to give her a wedding ring, it wasn't that her hair would get in my face and tickle my nose, or get in my mouth any time we got close that made this guy want to propose. It was everything in-between, above and around and on top of and below that, when she was near, that brought so much love, so much peace, that made my love grow. She's everything that, when a man can imagine, that he can picture or dream or wish another person can be, that makes her everything and so much more to me. She is the face of every feeling, every why, when or where, she is the root to every reason, that when I wake up in the morning I can wear a smile, that I can have that grin, because with each passing moment I know I get to think of her again. It was never just with one word, or a glance, or just one single kiss of her soft lips, or how energized and flush my body became with the touch of her hips, but it was the everything between, everything in the middle, and above that pushes me to give everything for her love.

No comments: